Doom Patrol's third season, which is currently filming, will be growing a bit bigger. DC Comics has just announced that there will be two new groups joining, and comics fans will recognize their names: The Dead Boy Detectives, and the Sisterhood of Dada, known to fans as the Brotherhood of Dada.
The Dead Boy Detectives are a bit of a surprise, considering they are more known for being part of the Sandman world, but as we understand, there is a reason as to why they are appearing. We also have the information as to who will be playing each character, and a bit about their backstory:
- Edwin Payne will be played by Ty Tennant - Part of the Dead Boy Detective Agency. Dead since 1916, Edwin spent 80 years in hell due to a “clerical error” and has seen horrors no one could imagine.
- Charles Rowland will be played by Sebastian Croft - Part of the Dead Boy Detective Agency. Affable, charming and dead since 1989, he always does his best to be chipper, but his death by hypothermia and neglect haunts him.
- Crystal Palace will be played by Madalyn Horcher - Part of the Dead Boy Detective Agency. A cool, sarcastic teen who is also a psychic medium, her only friends are Charles and Edwin, the two dead boys who freed her from demonic possession.
As for the Sisterhood of Dada, we have yet to find out why exactly they went from brothers to sisters, but what we do know is that they are still planning on being the villains of the story. Considering that their founder in the comics was none other than Mr. Nobody, played by Alan Tudyk in the first season, we wonder if the Sisterhood means we will be seeing him again somehow. Meanwhile, the Sisterhood's players will be:
- Malcolm will be played by Micah Joe Parker - Part of the Sisterhood of Dada. A quiet, sensitive and thoughtful soul who would often rather be invisible then face this unforgiving world.
- Shelley Byron aka The Fog will be played by Wynn Everett - Part of the Sisterhood of Dada. Supposedly a deadly terrorist, Shelley is charming, seductive, poetic and a bit mad.
- Lloyd Jefferson aka Frenzy will be played by Miles Mussenden - Part of the Sisterhood of Dada. A sculptor of strange life-like masks who is covered with tattoos and scars—the memories and injustices that immortalize his life. He is cryptic and stoic with a capacity for extreme devastation.
- Holly aka Sleepwalk will be played by Anita Kalathara - Part of the Sisterhood of Dada. A light-hearted ne'er do well, Holly knows where the best parties are. After a wild night of partying, she usually takes a nice long nap in the ice cream truck where she works, and if she is awoken mid-nap, there is hell to pay.
- Sachiko aka The Quiz will be played by Gina Hiraizumi - Part of the Sisterhood of Dada. An enigmatic germaphobe whose crippling phobias mask awe-inspiring powers.
It's definitely an impressive list of characters and some of their actors are no strangers to the world of supers and villains, so we'll be keeping an eye as Doom Patrol continues to fill out their roster for the upcoming season.